Over the next 5 years, the EU project DIVERSIFY will study a number of new/emerging finfish species, with great potential for the EU aquaculture industry. These new/emerging species (meagre, greater amberjack, wreckfish, halibut, grey mullet and pikeperch) are fast growing and/or large finfishes marketed at a large size and can be processed into a range of products to provide the consumer with both a greater diversity of fish species and new value-added products. See the DIVERSIFY web site for more.
Dtu Aqua, Section for Aquaculture in the North Sea Science Park, Hirtshals, Denmark invites applications for an appointment as Associate Professor within Recirculating Aquaculture Systems. The position is available from May 1, 2014 or according to mutual agreement. More details here
NTNU, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology, The Department of Biology, announces a vacant position as Professor in aquaculture ecology. The position will be anchored within the Marine Sciences Group at the Department of Biology, and will be physically located at NTNU Centre of Fisheries and Aquaculture. The announced position will strengthen academic and research activities on environmental interactions of sea based salmon aquaculture, with particular focus on marine ecology and development of technologies for more sustainable production methods. Closing date: 2014‐03‐03. For information and application details see here
The College of the Marshall Islands, a community college located in the warm central Pacific six degrees north of the Equator on Majuro atoll, seeks a qualified person to join our leadership team. The College of the Marshall Islands is the national college of the Republic of the Marshall Islands and seeks to be the role model for community colleges in the Pacific region. More information and contact details here
EAS is pleased to announce the support of Marine Harvest and Kiliç Deniz as new Premium Sponsors and of Skretting as sponsor of the EAS Student Group.
- Aquaculture International Impact Factor now over 1
- Help to promote EAS with these great cartoons
- AQUA 2012 Summary report
- Patrick Sorgeloos recognised by highest EAS Award
- FAO Photo Library
- From Visions to Reality: the future of offshore farming
- AE2011 Summary Report
- NOFIMA reports show insufficient scientific basis for assertions on the interactions between farmed and wild salmon!
- Honorary Life Membership for Pascal Divanach
- Bjørn Myrseth receives 2011 FEAP Award for Excellence
- FAO on GLOBAL aquaculture
- AQUA NOR FORUM Presentations and Summary
- GREAT OFFER from the EAS Student Group
- AE2010 SUMMARY document, Presentations & Participants
- Courtney Hough receives highest EAS Award